Michael Arciero Appointed to Director of Licensing
As part of the strategic adjustment and growth of USC Stevens, Michael Arciero, J.D., has been promoted to Director of Technology Licensing and New Ventures, where he leads technology commercialization. He and the USC Stevens licensing associates manage licensing and startups resulting from university-owned technology and innovations.
Arciero had been Interim Director of Technology Licensing since early September 2015. He first joined USC Stevens as Associate Director, Corporate Collaborations (Life Sciences) in July 2015 from University of California, Riverside. At UC Riverside, he had been with the Technology Commercialization Office since 2008 and was most recently Interim Director. In this role, Arciero was responsible for all business development functions for the university, including the negotiation of all license agreements. Prior to joining UC Riverside, Arciero worked in technology commercialization and business development in both industry and academia for over 10 years.
The USC Stevens senior leadership now includes Lisa Andaleon, MA, Director Operations, Licensing & Innovation; Vasiliki Anest, Ph.D., Senior Director Corporate Collaborations; Michael Arciero, JD and Jennifer Dyer, CLP, Executive Director. This management team is experienced at bridging private industry with the university, and collectively represents 37 years of experience working in the private sector and 49 years of experience working for academic and research institutions.
In addition, USC Stevens has almost completed the hiring of its licensing associates, with nine licensing associates on board and efforts ongoing to recruit one more.
The 8 new licensing hires are:
- Camilo Ansarah-Sobrinho (Life Sciences), Ph.D., Molecular Genetics, George Washington University
- Moumita Chakraborty (Life Sciences), Ph.D., Agricultural and Food Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Dana Hutchison (Life Sciences), M.S., Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, USC
- Patrick Maloney (Physical Sciences), B.S., Chemistry, UC Davis; J.D., UC Davis School of Law
- David Mellman (Life Sciences), Ph.D., Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, University of Wisconsin-Madison; J.D., Marquette University; L.L.M., University of Colorado
- Rakesh Pandit (Physical Sciences), M.Eng, Aerospace Engineering, University of Texas at Arlington
- Taylor Phillips (Physical Sciences), B.A., Biological Anthropology; J.D., University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law
- Nikolaus Traitler (Physical Sciences) Ph.D., Physics, University of Cambridge
To reach our team members, please visit our Contact Us page.
–By USC Stevens, published March 8, 2016